Best games were you play as a female

Admin

Administrator
With third party games it's especially important that your main character is visually appealing and for that reason you want your main character to be a cute girl preferably aged 14 to 17, nice breasts, etc.

I will focus on 3D games, there are way too many 2D games out there but these just don't offer the gameplay depth and immersion you generally want when playing a game. For that reason we will focus on 3D games.

Attachments

Admin

Administrator
0. Metroid prime 2 echos
The gameplay is very good to the point where it's arguably the best game of all time.

The game is good because it manages to be hard and fair at the same time. At first i struggled to beat it even at the "veteran difficulty" and i ended up semi-accidentally spoil myself regarding how to beat the final boss. I did turn off the hint system and was still able to progress in the game, the main difficulty i had was actually with regard to the bosses, these were great and also hard despite having played metroid prime 3 and 1 before (in that order).

Later i decided to redeem myself so i increased the difficulty to "hypermode" and i also stopped using aim-assist, still i was able to almost beat the entire game, i actually haven't tried beating the final boss yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pcyMy3ZQY&list=PLH5peR7WAstIcrD3zULb3QRNBrR02SvGc

It is worth noting that the game was originally the game had full auto-aim but that was replaced by aim-assist for the trilogy version, they could do that because of the wiii remote being more accurate for aiming than a stick. The lock-on feature can be triggered by pushing the Z button on the wii remote and it will then lock the screen to the target, this is bad since then you just have to hold the wii remote statically while aiming instead of moving it around.

Unfortunately you also need to lock on to enemies to scan them or in order to do the dodge maneuver. This made it a bit messy to play without aim-assist but overall it worked just fine for me.

In terms of visuals it's arguably the least appealing in the series but when you actually play the game you don't really think about that too much, you end up enjoying the gameplay anyway.

Part of the reason why i never played using the prime hack was that from experience having the camera controlled by your moves will result in a really bad experience since the fast camera movement will make it very noticeable that you are playing on just 60hz.

Admin

Administrator
1. Metroid prime
Metroid prime was first released on gamecube and it is a first person adventure game. Almost all of the gameplay take place on the Tallon IV planet that you explore to beat bosses and collect new weapons or upgrades.

The exploration aspect of the game is very good. The environment are nice despite the dated graphics settings.

The original control scheme was bad but the trilogy switched to motion controls, later dual analog and mouse & keyboard support was added via primehack emulation.

One big issue with this game is that it's simply too easy even on the hypermode difficulty when using motion controls and the lock-on feature. It didn't properly challenge the player.

Admin

Administrator
2. Code Vein
This is currently my favorite game for some reason. The game has a very good character creator and you can use this mod to get a beautiful dress for your female character

vintologi-playing-code-vein.png

The game has a system where you collect "haze" as you or your companion defeat monsters. You can then use that haze to upgrade your character, if you die your haze will be lost in the location you die and it will get lost for good if you fail to pick it up. That system means that the game will become harder if you are good at it since then you will advance quicker and be able to collect less haze.

It would have been better if haze never disappeared after you had lost it (until you collect it) so you would have been able to take bigger risk without risking losing a lot of progress. It would have also allowed players to skip leveling up without potentially losing all the haze collected. Right now the sections between the checkpoints are too short and easy likely due to reduce the risk of players dying and then failing to retrieve the haze.

You can actually prevent haze from getting lost when you die by quickly powering off the computer to reboot (worked all 3 times i did that).

The game performs well when you have decent hardware, it actually worked ok with a r5 3600 and a 1060 3GB (you could still get 100fps with lowered settings). If you have a 3090 or better you will need to mod the game to use higher than the otherwise maximum graphics settings and you are likely to then become CPU limited due to the game not being able to utilize more than a few CPU threads.

The biggest weakness if the game is that it gives you limited control over the weapons you use, you cannot for example aim freely.

The actual combat in the game is very much 2D in terms of the mechanics. The boss fights are great in terms of gameplay if you have light enough blood veil & weapon (allowing you to dodge effectively).

When i played it i noticed that it became too easy after a while so i had to stop leveling up.
bridge2.png

I was indeed able to beat the boss (after maybe 6 hours) but i then i died to the boss after that. After i leveled up beating the boss because easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raex0qlCn20

It is worth noting that the game does have features that can make it much easier to beat these bosses but i didn't go much into that since doing so would have made the game too easy. I also didn't feel like learning all these abilities you can unlock. I want to play the actual game, not figuring out how the in-game menus and options work exactly.

Admin

Administrator
3. Metroid prime 3 corruption
I did play metroid prime 3 as a teenager and while this was the best wii game (by far) that i played on the actual wii it's very much inferior to metroid prime 1 and 2. I did like the bryyo planet in metroid prime 3 but you cannot actually explore it that much since you end up having to spend most of your time on other planets. In terms of visuals it's arguably the best and even today the graphics holds up surprisingly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2d6k6INlo

The game did max did take a lot of usage of the wii motion controls but most of that was kinda pointless in the sense that it wasn't used for anything that couldn't have been replaced bu just pushing a button, the only exception was the aiming which also controlled the camera, it was actually a great implementation.

Admin

Administrator
4. Mirrors edge
This is a great first person adventure game.

By default you will suffer from constant lag. To get rid of that you need to to to

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config

There you will find a TdEngine.ini file.

Open it in a text editor like Notepad. There you will find a line that says:

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE

Here, change TRUE to FALSE, and save the file!

If you want to have physx enabled you need to install the physx legacy driver (otherwise the game will crash)

What i have noticed when playing it however is that it isn't as fun as it should be. I see several explanations for this

0. for most of the game the checkpoints are way to frequent making dying void of any serious consequence, this takes the excitement out of the game.
1. The platforming is too easy (it's a lot harder if you try to do it quick of course).
2. In a lot of cases the player will be chased by people with guns instead of being given time to explore.
3. Lack of things like sneak attacks or killing enemies with sniper rifle.
4. The game is very centred around precision with regard to button pressing rather than precision with regard to mouse-movements. For example when you walk on a beam you use keyboard buttons to maintain balance rather than using the much more precise mouse.

What i missed from the game was having a really long section where you weren't being chased by anyone and also would go all the way back if you died. Instead the game compensates for easy platforming by adding people trying to kill you in a lot of occasions.

Controls: 86%
gameplay: 86%
visuals & audio: 92%
overall: 88%

While the graphics isn't technically impressive (by default) the game still look great visually and it performs very well on weak hardware. I will look into if it's possible to mod it to get raytracing working

One annoying aspect of the game is that you can get stuck forcing you to reload the level, this is kinda unpredictable.

Admin

Administrator
5. Cyberpunk 2077
This game is infamous for being demanding and had a pretty rough launch. I did try it breifly and it was just fine from my limited experience. You can actually play the game as a trans female character if you want. You don't see your own character much unfortunately (which is the downside with these first person adventure games).

To play the game you want to have at least a 3080ti and you also want a raptor lake CPU (such as i7 13700K).

Admin

Administrator
6. Far cry 2
Without modification this game can only be played as a male but you can mod it in order to play as a female.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34PjdRubKRo

I did enjoy this game a lot as a teenagers but eventually it simply got too easy even on the "infamous" difficulty. There might of course be some good way to fix that via a mod. The game also let's you save at any point if you play on the PC version which can encourage some players to overuse the save feature making the game to easy.

As a rule you can limit yourself to only saving at a save box, safe house or after finding diamonds.

Admin

Administrator
6. Pleage tale of innocence
It's a stealth play with decent story but the gameplay is annoying and frustrating. I havn't bothered finishing it yet.

7. Genshin impact
I did enjoy the game more before i realized that
the game has a fast travel system where you can teleport to any of the checkpoints you have activated.

The more i played the game the more annoyed at got with the flaws, the more i learned about the game and how to play it optimally the less fun it became. For example the game will push you to grind to prepare a lot of food for upcoming battles, then if you lose the battle all the food you spent during it will be lost so you cannot just quickly try again.

The game is free to play and of course has loads of ways in which they try to monetize the people playing it.

You can invite other people to play with you, this will unfortunately make progression too easy since often they people that join will be overpowered.

By default the game is locked to 60hz which is unplayable at least for me, you end up having to mod the game to get an acceptable framerate, i have heard that this can get your account banned but that never happened to me.

8. Control
It has some very demanding graphics settings but no matter what settings you choose the game still looks unappealing. The gameplay is meh and the physics of the game is largely pointless. The female you play as looks really unappealing.

9. Subnautica: below zero
The game ran well on my hardware (13900KF, 3090) even with maxx setings but graphics weren't super-great.

The game seems to be about finding stuff so you can craft, not super fun, no great challenge.

One annoying aspect of the game is how you can open a vertical door under water to go in and out without any air leaking out, if the game was actually realistic there would be no door and instead you will move upwards to reach something similar to a diver bell.

9. player unknowns battleground
This was a very popular game in the past but i don't think it's that great. I find it a bit messy dealing with all the loot you.

Admin

Administrator
Other 3D games
Examples of games where you can only play as a female character that i didn't like are tales or arise (bad gameplay) and tower of fantasy (boring gameplay and bad graphics).

I did like the first crysis, firetwatch and observer: system redux but these games are all first person games where you play as a male.

Far cry 2 has a mod allowing you to play as a female character but the game did end up becoming too easy even at the highest difficulty "infamous" so i will need to find some good mod to raise the difficulty before i consider playing it again.
pokemon violet
atelier series
mk11
I did try playing the atelier games but first it ran badly due to bad CPU (ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3090) but then when i tried it after upgrading to 13900KF it ran just fine but the actual gameplay was pretty bad (turn based nonsense). These games are pretty bad console ports making it messy to play it on PC, you have to spend a lot of time just setting it up only to then get disappointed.

Admin

Administrator
Alice: Madness Returns
It's an interesting platform game on PC.

The story is weird and disturbing.

You play as a decent looking female character.

Took some tweaking to get it to run at 165hz, i had to edit the AliceGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini file and then set it to read only to prevent the game from overwriting the framerate settings i opted for.
MaxSmoothedFrameRate = 165
Of course the ideal value here will depend on your monitor, try setting it to the maximum that your monitor can handle.